Healthy Squash Soup for Your New Year’s Resolution
1 medium size butternut squash
½ cup water
6 tablespoons chopped onion
2 carrots, diced
1 celery, diced
4 tablespoons butter
1.5 boxes chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 (8 oz) package cream cheese
· Make a substantial cut or do into the squash (so it doesn’t explode) and microwave it for 2 minutes.
· Cut it into 1” slices and arrange them into a microwavable glass dish or bowl.
· Add ½ cup of water, cover and microwave for 12 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
· Add a cup of chicken broth and allow to the soup to simmer for 15 minutes until all of the vegetables are soft.
· Use a spoon to scoop the squash flesh from the skin.
· Blend the squash and chicken broth in small batches.
· Blend the vegetables and liquid with the remaining ingredients.
· Stir the squash into the blended vegetables and heat it through.
· Serve with a sprinkling of dried marjoram in the center of each bowl.
Enjoy this Elegant and Healthy Soup
Rich, warm, satisfying and packed with vitamins. This soup is elegant enough for any occasion and delicious enough to freeze in batches for instant dinners on busy evenings. Make your New Year’s Resolution of having a healthy lifestyle easy with this great soup recipe!
Are you helping a loved one move this year? Get some professional help with organizing, downsizing, packing and unpacking by calling Moving Forward Inc. We will make it easier for you!