Fun Facts about Christmas
Here are some Fun Facts about Christmas that you can use to entertain your family and friends during the Holidays!
Did you know?
1. In North America, children put stockings out at Christmas time. Their Dutch counterparts use shoes.
2. The poinsettia, a traditional Christmas flower, originally grew in Mexico, where it is also known as the ‘Flower of the Holy Night’. Joel Poinsett first brought it to America in 1829.
3. When visiting Finland, Santa leaves his sleigh behind and rides on a goat named Ukko. Finnish folklore has it that Ukko is made of straw, but is strong enough to carry Santa Claus anyway.
4. The day after Christmas, December 26, is known as Boxing Day. It is also the holy day of St. Stephen.
5. In Syria, Christmas gifts are distributed by one of the Wise Men’s camels. The gift-giving camel is said to have been the smallest one in the Wise Men’s caravan.
6. One town in Indiana is called Santa Claus. There is also a Santa, Idaho.
7. The popular Christmas song “Jingle Bells” was actually written for Thanksgiving. The song was composed in 1857 by James Pierpont, and was originally called “One Horse Open Sleigh”.
8. There are 364 gifts mentioned in “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.
Make a Fun Game of Holiday Trivia!
Engage your family and friends in a fun game of Holiday Trivia around your Holiday meal for a new experience of joy!
More Holiday Facts
Another Holiday fact is that it can be very stressful to move during the Holidays, so call a professional like Moving Forward, Inc, to take care of all the stressful downsizing, de-cluttering packing and unpacking details. Moving Forward, Inc, will also take care of hiring the right moving estate auction company and all the donation details! Happy Holidays from the caring professionals at Moving Forward Inc!