Don’t know what to do with those winter vegetables?
Here is a simple recipe I know you will love and it is easy to make, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1-1/4 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow or red onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano, UN-drained.
Serving Size: 4 (1 breast with veggies each)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on each side with garlic salt and pepper. Place in skillet; cook 6 minutes to brown, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Place vegetables in skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in UN-drained tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center (165°F). Serve vegetable mixture over chicken.
- Make it with rice or risotto, if you like and place the chicken on the rice and the vegetables on top of the chicken and enjoy!
Not only is this recipe easy to make, it will warm you during these cold winter months.
Moving Forward will make downsizing, De-cluttering, packing and UN-packing easy for you too! Call us for all your downsizing and moving needs!