Helena’s favorite Key Lime Bundt Cake
Here it is…a recipe you’l want to make over and over again – Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- A drop or two of green food color if you like
- Key lime Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh Key lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
2. Stir together flour, and baking powder. Add to shortening-egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
3. Bake at 325° for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
4. Prepare Key Lime Glaze by combining powdered sugar and juice, and immediately brush over top and sides of cake. Cool completely (about 1 hour).