Lite Late Spring Recipe – Roasted Rhubarb Salad
I was never a big fan of Rhubarb, but when I tried this recipe at my friend Kendra’s Bar-B-Q last week, I loved it and I asked if I could share her recipe.
She said yes!
So here is Kendra’s mouthwatering Roasted Rhubarb Salad! Enjoy!
Makes: 4 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces fresh rhubarb
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 tablespoon minced shallot
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 8 cups mixed baby greens
• 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
• 1/4 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Toss rhubarb with sugar in a medium bowl until well coated; let stand, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens; toss to coat with the dressing. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the rhubarb, goat cheese (or feta), walnuts and raisins.
- To toast chopped nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
For more Tips, especially on moving and packing, call Moving Forward to help you sort, pack, organize downsize and unpack.
We can even give you ideas on what to Sell, Donate or Discard!